What We Believe
As an evangelical church, in agreement with the Evangelical Fellowship of Canada, we believe that...
- The Scriptures (both Old and New Testaments) are the inspired, infallible Word of God, and are the supreme and final authority in faith and life.
- There is only one God, creator of all, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, born of the virgin Mary, is fully God and fully man.
- People were created in the image of God, but since Adam and Eve sinned, all are separated from God and need to be forgiven by God.
- The Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins as a representative and substitutionary sacrifice; and that all who believe in Him are justified through His shed blood.
- Jesus was buried in a tomb, raised bodily from the dead and ascended into heaven where he now reigns at the right hand of God the Father.
- Jesus now intercedes for believers as our high priest and his future return to earth will be personal, imminent and pre-millennial.
- People who repent of sin and by faith confess Jesus as their Lord and Saviour are born again of the Holy Spirit and so become children of God.
- Believers are baptized with the Holy Spirit into one body which is the Church of Jesus Christ.
- All people after death will experience eternity: the righteous will receive eternal reward in God’s presence and the unrighteous will receive eternal punishment apart from God.